These protocols are in effect as of May 2, 2021, and will remain in effect until further notice. The Ministry Oversight Team will periodically review community medical status, and revise these protocols as appropriate.
- Family-friend-“pod” groups that arrive together may sit together, but must be at least six feet apart from other groups in the sanctuary.
- Access will be one-way only (except to use the restrooms during the service), entering through the main Watson Street/Fellowship Hall entrance, and exiting via the Amherst Street/narthex door. (Socially distant socializing is strongly encouraged when outside and masked, but not inside!)
Mask Wearing and Hand Cleanliness
- Everyone (vaccinated or not) is required to wear a face covering/mask over both mouth and nose. We will have disposable masks available.
- Frequent hand sanitizing is encouraged and will be available.
Changes to Past Practice (before, during and after service)
- We ask that everyone review our symptom-checker list (below) prior to coming to the church. If you are experiencing symptoms – whether you are vaccinated or not – stay home! (Participate over Zoom if you can). The same questions will also be posted at the door.
- One member of each group will be asked to sign in as you arrive (to aid with contact tracing, should someone who worships with us test positive for COVID-19).
- We will maintain a significantly reduced capacity limit in the sanctuary.
- On communion Sunday, a communion packet will be provided as you enter.
- There will be a contact-less collection plate as you exit the sanctuary.
- Singing and organ playing has been shown to spread the virus, so unfortunately, we will not be able to offer that. We plan to offer live, safe instrumental music.
- We will be keeping the windows open unless it is extremely cold. Please dress accordingly!
- An after-service fellowship time will take place outside, in lieu of coffee hour.
- There will be cleaning of the sanctuary, bathrooms, hallways and parlor after worship.
Symptom Checker List
Answer the following questions:
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 10 days?
- Have you been exposed to anyone who has tested positive for COVID in thepast 14 days?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any of the following in the last 10 days?
- A fever or felt feverish in the last 72 hours
- Cough, sore throat, headache or fatigue that is not due to allergies
- Shortness of breath
- New muscle aches or chills`
- Change in sense of taste or smellRashes/swelling on toes or fingers
If you answered NO to ALL of these questions, feel free to join us in our sanctuary for in-person worship. If you answered YES to ANY questions, please remain at home today and join us on Zoom.